Professional Tree Surgery in Tunbridge Wells
We provide a fully insured and highly professional tree surgery service in Tunbridge Wells and the surrounding area. Whether your trees are simply in need of pruning or more drastic action is required due to safety concerns, we can help. Our services include:
- Felling – In situations where removal is the only practical option, we can fell and remove your tree or trees. All such work is of course carried out in accordance with the latest safety regulations and guidelines.
- Crown Reduction – Specimens that have grown to a size where they are causing too much light loss in a recreational area may be a candidate for crown reduction. This procedure involves the removal of a percentage of foliage-bearing branches to reduce the height and/or spread of the crown, thereby allowing more light to pass through. It can also be employed to relieve mechanical stress in situations where a tree has outgrown its environment and removal is undesirable.
- Crown Thinning – This involves the removal of tertiary branches that are positioned at the outer edges of the crown, to produce a more even spread of branches and foliage in broad leaved species.
- Crown Lifting – The removal of lower branches to give the appearance of a higher crown can increase the amount of natural light in indoor and outdoor areas but should only be practised on younger, growing trees. If it is necessary to lift the crown of a mature specimen, we will normally only remove secondary branches and shorten, rather than remove, primary ones. If you are not sure whether tree surgery in Tunbridge Wells of this nature is the best solution for your specimens, please feel free to call for advice.
- Pollarding – We can remove the tops of younger trees to encourage the growth of branches, whether for aesthetic or practical reasons. This procedure should be repeated on a regular basis for best results.
- Stump Grinding – The felling of larger specimens often leaves an unsightly stump, which can be very difficult to remove. An alternative to using heavy machinery and chains, in an attempt to pull the offending portion of tree out of the ground, is stump grinding, which involves the use of a cutting disk to remove the wood in small stages.
- Fruit Tree Pruning – In order to control growth and maximise yield, we can perform specialised pruning on fruit trees of all types.
Obtaining Quotations for Tree Surgery in Tunbridge Wells
If you would like to find out how much it will cost to have one of the above services performed on your trees, please feel free to contact us whenever convenient. We can give you an indication of cost over the phone but in most cases, will need to visit the location in question in order to assess the scope of work for ourselves. In either case, you can rely on us to provide you with a comprehensive and accurate proposal that will enable you to make an informed decision regarding the future of your trees.